INTERNET-MAGICIAN by ASTRAL-EBONY

I am the Internet magician. Everything herein is the result of my on-going, and fluctuating moodswings. In other words, it is a place for my emotional rollercoaster rides. If something doesn't go right, then I start to feel very uncomfortable. I start getting very upset. I do not have one single friend, as society has always done the dirty on me. I lose concentration and trust in society very easily. I can wave a magic wand, and things here can either appear, or disappear. Some of you will have already experienced, and noticed that. It's a bit like the Steve Miller Band song, Abracadabra...I Want To Reach Out And Grab Ya. But whenever I try to chat people up, it seems to just fall apart at very first touch. I don't think a lot of people understand me. I do not have much confidence in the world right now. That is because everything is all messed up. People are far too messed up.

WHEN IT'S QUIET, IT'S LOUD AND NOISY.


Friday 1 October 2010

Morcambe And Wise Forever

Morecambe and WiseImage via Wikipedia
It was 1984 when Eric Morecambe died.  I thought it was much later than that.  There was me thinking that Eric Morecambe died about 1988.  It's funny how time can alter your perception of life.  Morecambe And Wise were the top comedy duo of the 1960's, right up until xmas 1983.  They made more classic sketches than anyone else.  Their most brilliant sketch was Andre Previn, and the famous ("I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order").  This was hilarious. 

It was always Eric Morecambe that would steal every show.  He could work magic on every guest that appeared on the show.  In 1978 Eric and Ernie both went across the border.  They joined Thames Television, and created even more fantastic sketches.  Their song ("Bring me sunshine"), is their most famous ending.  They would sing this song as they were leaving.  They also did a funny dance as they were dancing away from the audience, by placing one hand in the air, and the other hand down at the back.

Another famous sketch by Morecambe And Wise was The Breakfast sketch.  It was performed to a stripteese tune.  One of their guests was Peter Cushing, who would come on demanding he hadn't been paid. Edward Woodward also came on claiming he hadn't been paid.  Eric Morecambe was so funny that he could interupt a sketch, by clowning about and making the show guests very nervous.  Eric would also do his hilarious hand out of the curtain gag.  He'd grab hold of himself with his hand, which would be hidden through part of the curtain.  I miss both these comedy actors so much.  You'll never see two fine and outstanding comedians like this ever again.

Eric Morecambe also came out with a joke about Ernie Wise.  Eric would say, More Tea Ern?  Or Tea-Urn.  They had many fine guests on their shows.  There was Penelope Keith that had to climb down an unfinished stairs set.  There was also Shirley Bassey that lost her shoe, and had to wear Eric Morecambe's boots.  The Bedroom sketches were cool.  And the kitchen banter sketches too.  And there was also many occasions, where Eric and Ernie would have to come back onto the stage, to fix the sets while singers carried on singing.  I think they must've known what was going on, as some singers and actors would start laughing.  Or there would be that slight glint of knowing in their smiles.

And I nver even knew this next piece of information.  Morcambe and Wise also stared in the very last episode of The Sweeney.  John Thaw featured in a few episodes of Morecambe and Wise.  So maybe this is a strong connection.  Maybe John Thaw wanted to repay Eric Morecambe and Ernie Wise.  So he enlisted them both onto the last episode of The Sweeney.  I never knew that!  They often say that you learn something new everyday.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment